Amethyst is a powerful stone many use for protection, strength, and balance, and while keeping it nearby has many benefits, setting intentions and using affirmations with your amethyst will give you more intense results.
Affirmations can be a great tool to help you rewire the way you think as you strive to reach your goals, helping you to create more of the energy you want to attract. When you intensify this with the vibrations amethyst offers, you can create even bigger changes in your life.
To help you get the most from your amethyst, we’ve put together a guide on the best intentions to set and affirmations to use so you can get better results as soon as possible.
Why use intentions and affirmations with your amethyst?
Amethyst intentions and affirmations can help you:
- Strengthen the crown chakra: Amethyst connects with the crown chakra, which is the highest chakra, located around the crown of your head. Your crown chakra is linked to your spirituality, and when it becomes blocked you may find your overall wellbeing suffers. Signs your crown chakra may be blocked include depression, a lack of desire to (or an inability to) learn, sensitivity to loud environments and light, and a lack of self-worth. Working with amethyst helps the crown chakra to clear and open, bringing a better flow of energy throughout your body.
- Develop a stronger spiritual practice: Whether you’re feeling lost on your spiritual journey or are ready to develop your psychic abilities, amethyst can help you find your path.
- Repel negative energies: Amethyst is known to repel negative energies, so using intentions and affirmations can help you put up an emotional barrier between you and stressful situations in your life. With the right intentions, it can also help you have fewer nightmares, fewer mood swings, and feel more inner stability.
How do you use intentions and affirmations with amethyst?
To use your affirmations and intentions with amethyst, you need to “program” it with them. To do this, follow these steps:
- Choose an intention or affirmation – you can also choose a handful, but more than 5 will dilute things too much. Read through our lists of intentions for amethyst and affirmations for amethyst and pick out those that click with you. They should be something you feel stuck on or resistant to, or something you’re trying to bring into fruition in your life. Memorize them or write them down on a piece of paper you can then set your amethyst on when you are not using it.
- Cleanse your crystal – before you start using your intentions and affirmations, cleanse your amethyst. This will ensure it is energetically a blank slate, ready to take on the pure meaning of your intentions and affirmations. Fortunately, amethyst is easy to cleanse, as it can be cleansed in water. Sit your amethyst under running water for around 5 minutes or bathe it in water from a stream, the sea, or moon water. Pat it dry afterward.
- Wait until you have a quiet, private space – try to get some quiet time away from everyone else in your household to program your crystal. If you have a young child, this may simply need to be in the bathroom – it doesn’t matter where only that the energy is private and neutral.
- Program your crystal – put your amethyst in your left hand (known as the receiving hand) and give yourself a minute to steady yourself. Take a few cleansing breaths. Repeat your chosen affirmations and intentions aloud several times, until you start to feel the emotion behind the words. Visualize how you want to feel in the future. Then, visualize the crystal in your palm soaking up your intention and everything you visualized. When the crystal has absorbed all your intentions, the ritual is complete. Keep your amethyst close and think about your intentions and affirmations when you look at it.
35 Intentions for Amethyst
Below, you’ll find a long list of intentions you can use with your amethyst. Read through them and make a note of the number next to any that resonate with you. Feel free to bookmark this page to come back to later – you can charge your amethyst differently in the future as you reach your goals! We have a further list of affirmations below this one.
- I intend to awaken my inner abilities and follow my spiritual path wherever it leads.
- I honor the divine within me and will stop allowing others’ negative energy to affect my own.
- I will not let limiting beliefs stop me.
- I will achieve all my goals.
- I will embrace all experiences life gives me and the happiness or lessons they offer.
- Others’ negativity will not damage my inner sense of self-worth and peace.
- I intend to find inner peace in all situations.
- I will heal.
- I will forgive myself for my mistakes.
- I live each day with joy and gratitude for all I have.
- I take action every day to achieve my dreams.
- I have the ability to change my life for the better.
- I run at my fears so they will shrink.
- I trust that everything happens for the ultimate highest good.
- I let go of worry, choosing instead to live in the now.
- I choose to honor my true self.
- I will say what I need to say, even if I am worried it will bring negativity.
- I honor my inner magic.
- I heal quickly.
- I make my choices freely.
- No one can make me feel inferior.
- I say “no” when I need to, without qualifying it or making excuses.
- I only give what I have to give after giving to myself.
- I intend to put my self-care first.
- I intend to be open and vulnerable.
- I will take opportunities that come to me and put myself out there to receive more.
- I intend to create more space in my life to explore my spirituality.
- I intend to offer myself all the love and care no one else can offer me.
- I intend to keep my eyes open for guidance from my spirit guides.
- Every day I wake up is a chance to do, be, and feel better.
- I choose to forgive, even if I do not condone.
- I choose to keep moving forward, even when it feels impossible to do so.
- I will take a deep breath and continue.
- Today, I will be present.
- I embrace change, even when it scares me.
55 Affirmations for Amethyst
- I am free of limiting beliefs.
- I am supported by the universe.
- I am love.
- I am light.
- I am strong.
- I love my body.
- I deserve all the good things that are coming to me.
- I trust my intuition.
- I am abundant.
- I trust the process.
- I have strong boundaries.
- I love and accept myself without limitation.
- I am fulfilling my higher purpose.
- I rise to each day with joy in my heart.
- I love myself.
- I show myself compassion.
- I am an infinite being.
- I am a spirit going through the human experience.
- I am powerful.
- My past does not define my future.
- I always have the power to take action.
- Nothing in my life is permanent.
- I am calm.
- I release worry.
- I embrace life.
- My life is a blessing.
- I always succeed.
- I am unique.
- I am safe.
- I am enough.
- I love being me.
- I am proud of how far I’ve come and excited for the future.
- I am blessed.
- I am grateful for being me.
- I am stronger than any struggle.
- Things are always getting better.
- I can and I will.
- I am in awe of my strength.
- I know my worth.
- I am brave.
- I already have all the qualities I need to succeed.
- Anything I don’t yet know, I can figure out.
- I attract wonderful people.
- My amethyst supports me and roots for me.
- My amethyst defends me from negativity.
- I allow myself to let the past be the past.
- I can let negative thoughts pass me by.
- I am in control of my thoughts.
- I release every past moment and allow myself to be someone new in this one.
- Positive energy flows to me.
- Negative energy bounces off my aura.
- I am in control of my energy, and I choose how I feel.
- I may stumble, but I always get back up.
- I am a happy, joyful person.
- I am so grateful to be alive.
Feel free to tweak any of these affirmations and intentions to suit your circumstances and aims – the words don’t have to be perfect, they just need to resonate with you and help you move forward into a clearer, happier, more joyful space. If you find programming your amethyst works well for you, you can do this same ritual with your other crystals, taking advantage of their individual qualities.
You might also like
- How to Set Intentions with Rose Quartz: 4 Intention Practices
- 90 Citrine Affirmations to Help You Find Wealth, Success, & Creativity